All Graduates, Parents/Guardians, Family & Friends,
Graduation for the Brockton Virtual Learning Academy, Keith Center and Huntington is approaching quickly on Friday, June 3, 2022. It’s sure to be a cheerful and special event for all of you. To help us make your visit to Brockton High School’s Fine Arts Building a joyful one, please take note of the security protocols.
All guests, except students possessing and wearing their school ID, require a ticket to gain entry to the building. There is no re-entry to the building should someone exit.
All guests, including children, may be searched. All persons must consent to a search of their person and anything they are carrying. Failure to consent to such search will result in denial of entry.
The district will utilize its state-of-the-art weapons detection systems at the entrance. The systems look almost identical to a traditional metal detector, but they are far more advanced, and they will hopefully speed up the security line.
Here is what you need to know to ensure a smooth process:
- Doors will open at 4 p.m. We urge all families to arrive as early as possible so that we can do our best to get everyone through the line before our 5:30 p.m. start time. We cannot delay the start time.
- There will be a separate line for those with bags and all bags will be searched prior to passing through the detectors. As a reminder, bags larger than 12” x 12” x 12” are not permitted. We strongly recommend leaving bags at home unless absolutely necessary.
Prohibited items will NOT be accepted at the entrance for safekeeping. They are:
· Bags larger than a 12” x 12” x 12”. Contents of all bags will be inspected. Exceptions can be made for guests with special medical needs.
· Any type of portable chair or seat other than those approved for persons with accessibility issues.
· Tripods or monopods
· Flag poles over 2 feet in length
· Weapons of any kind, including pocket/utility knives
· Alcoholic beverages
· Illegal drugs and substances
· Fireworks, pyrotechnics, flares
· Laser pointers
· Animals other than service dogs assisting those with disabilities
· Strollers or baby seats
· Segways, hoverboards, skateboards, rollerblades
· Noisemakers, bullhorns, air horns, vuvuzelas
· Helium balloons, beach balls
Security personnel reserves the right to deem any other items inappropriate. Smoking and vaping are prohibited on school property and will be strictly enforced.
Given that the ceremony is being held indoors and due to the current number of COVID-19 cases in our community, we strongly recommend that all guests wear masks.
Leaving School Property
When exiting the parking lot, please stay inside your vehicles and exit the parking lot safely while abiding all traffic laws.
DOORS WILL OPEN AT 4 P.M.
If you are looking for the public safety memo for the Brockton High School graduation ceremony, please click here.